Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 13



This was what Mr. Ron showed us yesterday.
I've learned different new things that might be helpful for this Final Year Project.
Such as ;
- The 'drag' node can be used to slow down the speen of particles.
- The 'intercept' node can be used as collision inbetween the particles.
- The 'metaball' node can be used as an obstacle in the field.

And also, today i tried to import a FBX file with an animated character, but unfortunately, I encountered a few problems. I couldn't copy the character's geometry node to substitute the geometry(platonic).




But after i consulted Mr. Ron about it, i got it (:
However, there is still some problem with the fbx importing that we need to check with Mr Leong about it. I also tried merging instead of importing, but there were lots of errors.

I also tried research on fbx format file importing on the webs and various forums.

References:
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini9.5/io/fbx
http://animbyu.groups.et.byu.net/wiki/index.php?title=Houdini_and_Maya
http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/7556-fbx-export-from-maya-import-to-houdini/

No comments:

Post a Comment