Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 33

Today Mr Ron taught us how to convert the mocap data we took yesterday, to a c3d format.
We used Vicon to do that.



As we were totally not familiar with Vicon, it took us awhile to actually get comfortable with Vicon, still trying though.
After all the files are converted to c3d format, I tried to import the new motion anim data into one of the character.



I encountered the same problem again, which is seeing the character's geometry compressed and flat on the ground after I enabled the 'Actor Input' option.
Hence, i went back to the 'ScaleUp' file and re-characterized it in the Hips.


The weights are not working properly as the characters did not come in T-pose, but Mr Leong said that we will be able to correct that in Houdini. But I managed to get the character to work with the mocap data.

And tomorrow we will be back for some more Motion Capture exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment